Monday, 20 July 2015
Islamic Art and Material Culture SSN
Rebecca Bridgman from Birmingham Museums sends news of the Islamic Art and Material Culture SSN and its specialist support scheme.
Are you able to help with publicising the SSN's new Specialist Support Scheme via your networks?
This scheme aims to provide regional museums with a toolkit to help them unlock the potential of their collections of Islamic art and material culture, using them to engage with new and diverse audiences.
Deadline for submissions Friday 18th September 2015 (5:00 pm)
This opportunity includes:
• Scalable specialist support worth a maximum of £5,025 per institution
• Help for institutions to identify and record collections, as well as define and begin to realise their potential for audience engagement through visits from specialist in collections and/or outreach and engagement
• Creation of digital records of collections through support from a photographer
• Tangible output from the scheme is required from each participating institution; this could vary from a physical, or on-line display to an outreach session, or professional knowledge sharing event
• Delivery on a region-by-region basis beginning in the current financial year (2015/6) with West Midlands and South-East
Details about applying can be found HERE>